The Internet has become an integral part of children's lives, enabling them to undertake research for school projects, talk to their friends and access information from around the world. Increasing provision of the Internet in and out of schools brings with it the need to ensure that the learners are safe.
Internet development is constantly evolving into evermore innovative areas with many websites enabling amazing creativity and interaction between peers.
Unfortunately though, there are times when the Internet use can have a negative effect on children. At Hartford Manor we have measures in place to ensure that using the Internet is a positive and safe experience.
CEOP (Children Exploitation and Online Protection Centre) - (click here)
E-Surfers (click here)
CBBc Stay Safe (click here)
Safe use of our Learning Platform.
- Children must understand that they can only access the learning platform using their own logons.
- Children must NOT share their password with anyone other than a parent.
- Uploading any material that could be considered offensive is forbidden.
- Guidelines will be set by the class teacher for participation in class/school blogs and forums, encouraging pupils to comment in a polite and friendly manner.
Publishing pupil’s images and work
- Photographs that include pupils will be selected carefully and only pupils who have permission will have their images on the website.
- Pupils’ full names will not be used anywhere on the Web site or Blog, particularly in association with photographs.